Wednesday 5 September 2012

I Didn’t Know My Husband Was An Armed Robber –Widow Begs Police


 

 

 

Mrs. Mercy Esho, who was delivered of a baby few days ago, is the wife of Babatunde Esho, the leader of an armed robbery gang, who was killed in a crossfire with the police last Saturday, in Ilesa. She has now been arrested by the police for complicity in her husband's crime but she claimed that she did not know that her husband was an armed robber.

Parading Mrs. Esho at the state command on Thursday, the Commissioner of Police, Osun State Command, Mrs. Kalafite Adeyemi, said various items were recovered at Esho’s residence.

Mrs. Adeyemi said detectives from the command busted the gang during the christening of Esho’s baby, adding that the gang’s leader opened fire on detectives before he was gunned down.

The Police Commissioner said, “Several items were recovered from his wife including three locally-made pistols, 17 live cartridges; three laptops; two LCD televisions; four wristwatches; a brand-new photocopier; 13 mobile phones; and one iPad.

“The LCD televisions and iPad tablet have been identified by their owners from Ijebu-Jesa and Esa-Oke respectively.”

Maintaining her innocence, Mrs. Esho said “May I not do well in life if I know that he was an armed robber. He used to maltreat me and starve me even when I was pregnant.

“It was his parents who urged me to marry him.
He slept with me only once and I got pregnant. We were having the naming ceremony when police swooped on the party.”
 
Via OFB

No comments:

Post a Comment